$300 if registered before July 1; $350 thereafter. Sliding scales and barters available.
The Calgary Congress for Equity & Diversity in the arts invites diverse agents of change to join us in an innovative,
6-day training intensive in equity intervention. The IN-Justice Equity Training Intensive offers a rare and dynamic opportunity to recharge our passions, increase our capacity and strengthen our resolve. This one-time only, open registration intensive...
- Immerses participants Theatre of the Oppressed methods as a unique form of embodied learning and sharing – one that equalizes the power imbalances that often stymie cross-cultural collaboration.
- Introduces a foundational equity framework that centers the bottom-up, earned knowledge of diverse peoples; and results in a shared vocabulary and analysis.
- Provides accessible, step-by-step instruction in many Theatre of the Oppressed methods, including Image & Forum Theatre, Cops in the Head and Rainbow of Desire.
- Offers-up many practical applications on how to integrate Theatre of the Oppressed techniques and anti-oppressive practice into social justice initiatives.
- Attends to internal and external oppressions, as well as individual agency and structural-level interventions.
- Equips diverse agents of change to engage in intercultural solidarity, develop shared interests, and make collective impact.
For more information and to register, please visit The Arts ExCHANGE website.
This Calgary intensive is proudly supported by Chromatic Theatre and hosted by The University of Calgary's School for Creative and Performing Arts.
We thank the Canada Council's Equity Office and Calgary Arts Development for their support.